Recently, two more DVR and Mobile Forensics tools from SalvationDATA: VIP (Video Investigation Portable) and SPA (SmartPhone Forensic Triage Acquisition) have been listed in CFTT (Computer Forensics Tool Testing) catalog.
The goal of the Computer Forensic Tool Testing (CFTT) program at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) of the United States is to establish a methodology for testing computer forensic software tools by the development of general tool specifications, test procedures, test criteria, test sets, and test hardware. The results provide the information necessary for toolmakers to improve tools, for users to make informed choices about acquiring and using computer forensics tools, and for interested parties to understand the tool’s capabilities. A capability is required to ensure that forensic software tools consistently produce accurate and objective test results. Their approach for testing computer forensic tools is based on well-recognized international methodologies for conformance testing and quality testing.
VIP is the first tool in the world listed in CFTT catalog: “Video Analytics”.
VIP is a forensically sound software solution for extracting, recovering video and metadata from CCTV DVRs for forensic labs or in the field.
There’re many benefits you could get from using our DVR forensics solution, what listed below is just a selected few:
- Support multiple proprietary file systems and various DVR brands, especially Chinese brands.
- Extract and recover deleted, lost, overwritten and EVEN fragmented video clips from CCTV DVRs.
- Bypass DVR passwords, directly access DVR hard drive.
- Simultaneous extraction from multiple DVR hard drives for enormous time-saving.
- Connect local area network(LAN) of CCTV DVRs for video extracting if cannot remove the hard drive from DVR.
- Video preview before export, video transcode after export with embedded ultra-playing and transcoding functions.
- Direct play video clips with proprietary formats using independent ultra-player.
- Integrated disk imaging and hash calculation functions to ensure the process in a forensically sound manner.
- Quickly analyze and locate objects or person of interest with add-on video retrieval function.
- Forensically sound reporting function for every key operation.
Our another mobile forensics software SPA is easy to use mobile data acquisition and triage software for forensically sound on-scene collection. SPA allows Investigators acquire and triage the normal and deleted mobile data with only a few clicks when the time is ultimate priority. The mobile evidentiary data can be previewed on-scene easily and quickly. Besides, a forensic report can be generated during the whole process. SPA is used for first responders or non-technical users who need to preserve mobile evidence in the field.
As of now, SalvationDATA already had DRS, SPF, SPA, MTF and VIP 5 products successfully listed in CFTT catalog, you can get everything of our products from our resources page and have a free trial. We will continue developing more solutions for the community, and will never stop!